I used a simple vanilla sponge and give them a thin coating of blackcurrant jam.
I had to use double cream with a little icing sugar for the top filling as I had failed to check if I had enough icing sugar in my cupboard to make butter icing!
The fondant was white and had a small flower imprint rolled in them. I use my new mini imprinting roller I purchased at the Cake International Exhibition show at Event City Manchester last weekend.
I also purchased 'foam balls' from a relatively local to me company Purple Cupcakes, (Lancashire) These 'purple foam balls' help you mould the fondant into a perfect dome shape which, when left for a little while sits nicely on the cupcake.
Using double cream does not work as well as butter icing a it is too soft and mis-shapes the fondant, so I wouldn't use cream again if making for someone.
The flower is flower paste and is coloured with sugar flair 'ruby' colouring.
The cakes looked great and tasted amazing if I say so myself as don't normally eat cake!
I took the cakes to work and my colleagues made a donation of 50p or more for the cakes which will go to Comic Relief. I am also planning to make Red Nose cake pops to sell but need to find the energy to do them at the moment!
Here they are, they aren't perfect but but tasted divine!