Saturday 2 February 2013

Welcome to my cake blog


Hello to anyone who reads my blog.
I am new to blogging and cake making!

I am married with 4 lovely girls aged from 21 to 10 years old and they keep me busy. I work full time and I love to bake, sew, basic gardening and most of all watching my girls dance.

I got into making cakes by listening to my friends at work, Cat and Pauline who are veterans (compared to me that is) at baking.  I often wondered what they found fascinating and excited about making a cake...after all it was cheaper to buy one from the supermarket, isn't it? Well, since then I have found out what is fascinating.

I went on a a free 2 hour cupcake taster at my local college which I thought was good and I found it easy with good results at the end....for a beginner who had never worked with fondant and creativity.

I started to buy magazines and watched many hours of Youtube.  My sister then asked me to make her 40th birthday cake in June 2012.  I have to say that for a first cake it was quite successful, and was set to test me from the beginning and my patience. I made a few mistakes along the way but the end result was impressive for a first attempt!  Everyone commented on it and I was very proud 


to say that I had made that lovely cake which took top position on her buffet table! The flowers were all hand painted, and it was my first ever covering with fondant.  


I then made my daughters 18th birthday cake, cupcakes, cake pops for the Children in Need cake sale at work (which sold like Hot cakes!), Christmas cake pops (which my friends asked me to make for gifts and table gifts for the special day) and a lovely Christmas cake for my family.

I have many cakes in the pipeline and love thinking about what is next.  Here are the cakes and cake pops I have made so far. Hope you like them...

1 Direction 10th birthday
my first cake


A last minute surprise
Cheerleader
Cupcake bouquet
Holly Jolly Christmas cake
my daughters 18th








dancing penguin


college project - shows various techniques such as 'flooding'

No comments:

Post a Comment